The Edge – Energy Market Reports (Jan – Mar 2022)
Q1 2022 The Edge – Energy Market Reports topics
Energy Edge has recently published The Edge – Energy Market reports.
21 January 2022 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Focus on the gas market as it passes through the traditional synergy of a quiet domestic market with strong international market demand over the Christmas Period.
- Update on Iona, and the uplift in gas in storage as the year-on-year LNG declines.
8 February 2022 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Electricity demand assessment and spot price implications in light of the recent hot and humid temperature conditions across
- Portfolio analysis of Stanwell, CS Energy, CleanCo, InterGen and the aggregated Surat GTs.
- Investigation into the LNG Response and impacts on the domestic market.
18 February 2022 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Investigation into European Gas Storage and comparison of year on year Winter behaviour.
- Update on Russian gas flows into Europe.
- European LNG Import response to unfolding events.
- US Gas Storage and LNG exports update.
3 March 2022 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Analysis of the seven days of rainfall for Mount Glorious, Alderley and Redcliffe against historical outcomes.
- Wivenhoe and Brisbane River analysis with comparisons against 2011 flood conditions.
- Impact on electricity networks, solar dispatch and an investigation into the alignment of changing behaviour at Tarong Power Station and rainfall at Kingaroy.
- In NSW, investigation into the rainfall and conditions at Northern Rivers and Sydney.
- Russia has invaded Ukraine with announcements by the oil majors and the potential credit risk exposure on record gas flows out of Russia.
16 March 2022 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Analysis into Underlying Demand vs System Demand using the market conditions in Queensland to look at the System Demand Peak and the other peak record demand.
- Recent market and weather events; the disrupted gas production and assets impacted.
- As COVID has returns to China, we investigate a hypothetical scenario.
30 March 2022 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Investigation into NSW forward market spikes, and some signs of bullish market signals.
- Dive into the Queensland and Victoria forward curves, and the differences with the NSW curve.
- The ASX forward market movements (incredible movements) against historical spot market outcomes
- Assessment of Variation Margins ($200M) over the past few months
- MTPASA Outage changes
- Dark Spread – International Coal vs NSW Electricity Outcomes
- Comparison against Qld and NSW curves.
Request a sample of The Edge Energy Market Report via our Contact Us form.